Field notes : workshop 11.5.14 Chicago, Illinois / Barbara Ciurej & Lindsay Lochman.
- Chicago : Barbara Ciurej and Lindsay Lochman Collaborative Projects, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 4 sheets (3 folded) : illustrations ; in paper slipcase 27 x 10 x 2 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C448 F54 2015+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, acquired with funds from the Bequest of Daniel S. KalkView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three accordion-folded sheets (each 27 x 78 cm) describe and illustrate domesticated seed and wild seed (sheet 1), rooting (sheet 2) and sprouting (sheet 3). Accompanied by a sheet describing the work, bearing the title, summary, and artists' signatures.
"In developing the series 'Natural History', our photographic research led us through botanical taxonomy, intuition, chemistry, mythology, history, and personal narratives. This process of aggregating information inspired an examination of the nature of collecting knowledge. ... The Stella Collective exhibition at the Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art, The Nature of a Collective, gave us an opportunity to explore these questions. In November 2014, we invited guests to a botanically themed workshop to observe plants, consider the process of regeneration, and response in quick, collaborative writing exercises. With the assistance of writer, Anja Notanja Seiger, participants elaborated upon forces found within the plant world and our connections to these forces. We framed the collective wisdom cultivated in these exercises with photographic images made in response to the workshop writing. These volumes are an exercise in regeneration - sowing seeds and watching how they grow -- connecting the many paths of how we come to know."--Sheet of description.
Issued in a limited edition of five copies plus three artist proofs.
On Epson Enhanced Matt paper; archival pigment printing.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 1 of a limited edition of 5 copies. Signed by the artists.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- United States.Nature photography.Photography of plants.Plants -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.