Weiss, Marta Rachel, 1974-, Julia Margaret Cameron , 
- Julia Margaret Cameron : photographs to electrify you with delight and startle the world / Marta Weiss.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Photographs to electrify you with delight and startle the world
- First edition.
- London : MACK, 
- Physical Description:
- 187 pages : illustrations (some color), facsimiles, portraits ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryTR140.C27 .W45 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographic references (pages 146-147).
Accompanies the exhibition Julia Margaret Cameron, organised by the Victoria and Albert Museum, London and held at the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 13 August 2015 - 25 October 2015 and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 28 November 2015 - 21 February 2016.
"Julia Margaret Cameron (1815-79) was one of the most important and innovative photographers of the nineteenth century. Best known for her powerful portraits, she also posed her sitters - friends, family and servants - as characters from biblical, historical or allegorical stories. Her photographs were rule breaking: intentionally out-of-focus, and often included scratches, smudges and other traces of her process. In her lifetime, Cameron was criticised for her unconventional techniques, but also widely celebrated for the beauty of her comopositions and her conviction that photography was an art form. This book draws upon the Victoria and Albert Museum's collection of Cameron's photographs and correspondence to shed light on previously unacknowledged aspects of her experimental approach." Back cover
- Subject Terms:
- Cameron, Julia Margaret Pattle, 1815-1879.Cameron, Julia Margaret, 1815-1879 -- Exhibitions.Cameron, Julia Margaret, 1815-1879.Cameron, Julia Margaret, 1815-1879.Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions.Photography, Artistic.Portrait photography -- Exhibitions.Portrait photography.Victoria and Albert Museum -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.