Belagerungs-Spiel = The game of siege = Jeu de siege, [mid-19th century?]
Belagerungs-Spiel = The game of siege = Jeu de siege.
- Additional Title(s):
Game of siege
Jeu de siege
- [Germany?] : [publisher not identified], [mid-19th century?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (1 gameboard, 24 game pieces) ; in box 18 x 18 x 4 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1312 .B453 1850 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from publisher's original illustrated box.
The game board and box top include illustrations of a fort siege (hand-colored lithographs).
The game is a contest between 24 attackers (bases painted blue) and 2 defenders (bases painted red). Following rules of movement similar to those in the game of checkers, the attack attempts to win the game by placing its men on all nine of the fixed points within the fort.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Germany -- 19th century.Games -- Germany -- 19th century.War games -- Specimens.
- Board games.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.