Shakespeare's plays, 1587-1613.
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire, [2011?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 78 x 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2016 5aYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Selected exhibitions: "'The Poet of Them All': William Shakespeare and Miniature Designer Bindings from the Collection of Neale and Margaret Albert" (Yale Center for British Art, June 16-August 21, 2016).
Calligraphic broadside, by Andy Moore, listing the 38 canonical plays of William Shakespeare. Play names are written in black and red, on top of dense layers of letters written in inks of various colors, including gold. The title "Shakespeare's plays, 1587-1613" appears in a panel near the foot of the broadside.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Neale and Margaret -- Provenance.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Plays.
- Calligraphy (visual works)
“The Poet of Them All”: William Shakespeare and Miniature Designer Bindings from the Collection of Neale and Margaret Albert (Yale Center for British Art, June 16, 2016-August 21, 2016) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]