- [Germany?] : [publisher not identified], [circa 1870]
- Physical Description:
- 1 puzzle (22 pieces) : wood ; 14 cm in diameter, in box 17 x 22 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1507.J5 G46 1870 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Issue in a wooden box, the top lid of which bears a lithographed image (with game title) of a tutor instructing two students.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original wooden box with illustrated label on lid. Original metal latches and hinges.
Geographical puzzle in 22 wooden pieces which, when fully assembled, forms a complete globe (14 cm in diameter). The globe is dissected into six horizontal layers; the four middle layers are further cut into pie-shaped pieces. The internal surfaces of each layer also bear maps and images describing the various continents.
Undated. The maps correspond to political boundaries ca. 1870.
- Subject Terms:
- Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Geography -- Study and teaching.Puzzles -- Specimens.
- Dissection puzzles.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1870?
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.