Dutch historical card game.
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1788]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (180 cards) : illustrations ; 5 x 7 cm-9 x 6 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1234.N4 D88 1788 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Game for teaching the dates of major events in Dutch history, with three sets of 60 cards. In the first set (6 x 9 cm, printed letterpress), each card briefly describes an historical event, in Dutch and in French, and poses the question: "Waneer is dit gebeurd? Quand cela arriva-t-il?" The answer (the date) is provided in the second set of 60 cards (9 x 6 cm), which also provide engraved illustrations of the events described. The third set of 60 cards (5 x 7 cm, printed letterpess) are used for fines or forfeits.
- Subject Terms:
- Netherlands -- History.Netherlands -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.
- Card games.
Engravings -- approximately 1788.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.