Frozen sky / by Langlands & Bell.
- [London] : Landlands & Bell, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 wrist watch : plastic, acrylic, and metal ; 24 x 4 cm, in case 26 x 5 x 2 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6797.L36 A42 1998 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of MomartView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Related Content:
- View catalog record for the related artists' book by Langlands & Bell
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The work appears to have been first produced as the Momart Christmas gift for 1998. Thereafter, it was also sold separately by Langlands & Bell. Both versions issued in identical perspex cases. The paper sleeve enveloping the case varies.
Produced in conjunction with the artists' book of the same title, by Landlands & Bell (see link provided herewith). The title of the work is derived from the cities of Floro, Norway; Zenag, Papua New Guinea; and Sandusky, Ohio. The face of the watch is covered with 25 three-letter airline abbreviations of worldwide cities. Langlands & Bell focus of urban centers "in an abstract constellation evoking the persistent transience of contemporary urban life."
BAC: British Art Center has two versions, housed together: the one produced as the Momart Christmas gift, and the one produced separately (the packaging of which bears no mention of Momart).
- Subject Terms:
- Airports -- Acronyms.Langlands & Bell.Multiple art -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.