Pope, Nicholas, 1949-, Nicholas Pope , 2016
- Nicholas Pope : drawings.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Drawings. Selections
- London : Ridinghouse, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 125 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.P767 A12 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Having predominantly employed variations of circles and holes in graphite and charcoal throughout the 1970-80s, since the early 1990s Pope has introduced more complex and vibrant arrangements of colour in Indian ink, paint and biro. Engaging with themes of ritual, religion and morality, the drawings coexist alongside the artist's sculpture; developing out of other works as well as becoming a foundation for new ideas. Accompanied by over 90 images of drawings spanning four decades, the volume includes a text by James Hamilton and an exchange between the artist and Jon Wood, which focuses on the drawings' deployment of colour as well as their relationship to Pope's sculpture.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing.Drawing.Pope, Nicholas, 1949-Pope, Nicholas, 1949-