Hockney, David, David Hockney , 
- David Hockney : 82 portraits and 1 still-life / [artistic director Tim Marlow ; exhibition curator Edith Devaney].
- Alternate Title(s):
- 82 portraits and 1 still-life
Eighty-two portraits and one still-life
- London : Royal Academy of Arts, 
- Physical Description:
- 173 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), color portraits ; 33 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H64 A12 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "First published on the occasion of the exhibition 'David Hockney RA: 82 portraits and 1 still-life', Royal Academy of Arts, London, 2 July-2 October 2016" -- Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 170-171) and index.
"Following his sweeping exploration of landscape in 2012 at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, published in the pheunomenally successful David Hockney: A Bigger Picture, this new volume looks exclusively at a new series of portraits that David Hockney, one of the most famous artists in the world, has been painting recently. In 2012, Hockney returned to California, where he had lived and worked for long periods. There followed a series of painted portraits, the subjects of which ranged from studio assistants and office staff to family, friends, and long-term acquaintances. Also included are a number of fellow artists, curators, and gallerists, including John Baldessari and Larry Gagosian. Reproduced in stunning colorplates the paintings are shown alongside revealing images of the works in various stages of development, which provide an exciting insight into Hockney's painterly process. The book is introduced with two important new texts. This vivid series of portraits, executed in bold acrylics, observant and full of life, marks Hockney's vibrant return to Technicolor form." -- Amazon.com
- Enigma variations: Hockney and the portrait / Tim Barringer --And that fills the sackler / David Hockney in conversation with Edith Devaney -- 82 portraits and 1 still-life / David Hockney -- Directory of sitters / David Hockney.
- Subject Terms:
- Hockney, David -- Exhibitions.Hockney, David -- Interviews.Hockney, David.Painting, English -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Portraits -- Exhibitions.Portraits.
- Exhibition catalogs.