Barush, Kathryn R. (Kathryn Rebecca), 1981-, Art and the sacred journey in Britain, 1790-1850 , 2016
- Art and the sacred journey in Britain, 1790-1850 / Kathryn R. Barush.
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 278 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryN72.R4 B37 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-265) and index.
- Manuscripts, mendicants, and magi: the antiquarian revival of pilgrimage texts and objects, with a focus on the collection of Francis Douce. -- Saints and symbols: pilgrimage and the theology of 'Things'. -- 'Every age is a Canterbury pilgrimage': William Blake as pilgrim and painter. -- Pilgrimage and the art of 'the ancients'. -- The road to ruins. -- Conclusion: 'the road goes ever on'.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- Great Britain.Art and society.Christian pilgrims and pilgrimages -- Great Britain.Christian pilgrims and pilgrimages in art.Christian pilgrims and pilgrimages in art.Christian pilgrims and pilgrimages.Christianity and art -- Great Britain.Christianity and art.Great Britain.Imagery (Psychology) in art.Imagery (Psychology) in art.