Original designs in architecture : consisting of plans, elevations, and sections, for villas, mansions, town-houses, &c., and a new design for a theatre : with descriptions, and explanations of the plates, and an introduction to the work / by James Lewis = Disegni originali di architettura : consistenti in piante, elevazioni, e spaccati di varie case di campagna, et di città : con un projetto di un teatro : preceduti da una introduzione, ed accompagnati dalle necessaire spiegazioni / da Giacomo Lewis.
- Additional Title(s):
Disegni originali di architettura
- London : Printed for the author, MDCCLXXX -1797.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : chiefly ill. ; 60 cm. (fol.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 89Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Imprint varies: v.2, London : Printed for the author by Cooper and Graham, 1797.
Lists of subscribers in both vols.
ESTC (RLIN) T90188, T139563
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1885
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 494
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in one volume, in later (?) half calf and marbled boards. Bookplate: Richard Blackett Beaumont.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Great Britain.Neoclassicism (Architecture)Theaters -- Design and construction -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings (prints) -- England -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis, James, 1750 or 1751-1820, Original designs in architecture , MDCCLXXX -1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.