Alice's adventures in Wonderland / by Lewis Carroll ; illustrated by Arthur Rackham ; with a proem by Austin Dobson.
- London : William Heinemann ; 
New York : Doubleday Page & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 161,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4611 .A7 1907+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Sylvia Van Sinderen in honor of Elisabeth FairmanView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Publication date from Riall, and Latimore & Haskell.
"This edition is limited to eleven hundred and thirty copies, of which eleven hundred, numbered 1-1100, are for sale in Great Britain, Ireland and colonies, and thirty copies, numbered 1101-1130, are for presentation."--Verso of half-title.
"Illustrations reproduced by Hentschel Colourtype; text printed by Ballantyne & Co. Limited at the Ballantyne Press, Tavistock Street, London"--Colophon.
Color plates mounted on heavy brown paper accompanied by guardsheets with descriptive letterpress.
Three full-page illustrations included in pagination. Last page blank.
Issued in white buckram stamped in gold, top edge gilt; pictorial endpapers in brown on white, illustrated by Arthur Rackham.
Riall, R. Arthur Rackham, p. 77
Latimore & Haskell. Arthur Rackham, p. 28
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 191 of 1130. Has tipped in at front an autograph letter, signed, from Arthur Rackham to an unidentified recipient, 20 June '20: "Dear Sir, I do not think any of my work is in dealer's hands at present, but I have some myself from several of my books if you would like to consider it. I haven't much from the earlier books -- none from Peter Pan, Alice, or Rip (except the later abridged edition), but if you were specially interested in any book I would let you know what I have of it. Sincerely, Arthur Rackham."
- Subject Terms:
- Alice (Fictitious character from Carroll)Animals -- Juvenile fiction.Animals, Mythical -- Juvenile fiction.Children's literature.Children's stories.Croquet -- Juvenile fiction.Fantasy fiction, English.Playing cards -- Juvenile fiction.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Carroll, Lewis, 1832-1898, Alice's adventures in Wonderland , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.