Raglan cycles : fitted with world renowned anti-friction ball bearings and "micrometer" frictionless free wheels / Raglan Cycle Co. Ltd., Coventry.
- [Coventry, England] : [Raglan Cycle Co. Ltd.], [between 1903 and 1909]
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTL435 .R35 1903 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Issued in a purple envelope. Title from envelope front.
Undated. Pages 28 and 30 list "Motor identification marks," a system introduced in the UK in 1903. The company initiated liquidation in 1909 (See: Grace's guide to British industrial history).
Catalog of bicycles manufactured by the Raglan Cycle Co. of Coventry, England. Includes advertisements for 19 bicycles sold by Raglan, each with a picture of the model, detailed specifications, and current price. Models include the Xtralyte, Imperial, Regal, Standard, Majestic, Ideal, Special, Featherweight, Popular, Universal, and the Miniature. The listings include bicycles for men, women, and children.
The versos of each leaf treat topics related to cycling, including short texts titled: On storing and cleaning a cyle; Variable gears; On touring; Regarding tyres; About free-wheels; Rules of the road and cyclists' law; etc.
- Subject Terms:
- Bicycle industry -- Great Britain.Bicycles -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Bicycles -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Cycling -- Great Britain.Raglan Cycle Co. Ltd. -- Catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.