The Wreath, [between 1829 and 1833]
- The Wreath.
- New-York : Published by the American Tract Society, 144 Nassau-Street, [between 1829 and 1833]
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : illustrations ; 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV4571 .W74 1829Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Each page contains one poem and one woodcut illustration.
At head of title: No. 29.
Pages 4-16 also numbered 196-208.
The American Tract Society was located at 144 Nassau St., New York from 1829 to 1833; this is from v. 2 of the Old series II, which began in 1829.
- Remember your creator -- The crucifixion -- Home in view -- Happy children -- A father to his daughter on presenting her a Bible -- About God, who made the sun and moon -- A child's prayer -- The eternal Sabbath -- Imitation of Jesus -- Family worship -- The arrow. Lamentations 3:13 -- Value of the Bible -- The crucifixion.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible -- Juvenile poetry.Children's poetry.Families -- Religious life -- Juvenile poetry.Jesus Christ -- Juvenile poetry.Natural theology -- Juvenile poetry.Sunday school literature.
Woodcuts -- 1829-1833.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.