Tyrer, John, Taxidermy made easy , 1858
- Taxidermy made easy : being plain and practical directions for preserving, setting up, & embellishing in the most approved style, all kinds of quadrupeds, birds, fishes, reptiles, insects, etc., with notes and illustrations, designed for the use of private individuals, museums, etc.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Cover title: Taxidermy, or, Bird stuffing made easy
- Second edition, enlarged.
- London : Published by James Gardner, 52, High Holborn, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 83,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL63 .T97 1858Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- First published in 1844 and written by John Tyrer, a taxidermist from Chatham, Kent.
Pages [v]-vi are repeated in the pagination.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary leather-textured green cloth, with printed title label on front cover. Signed: W.S.J. [?] 13. Includes "Entomological apparatus, Museum of Natural History, 52 High Holborn, London ...,"  pages at end, not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Engravings -- 1858.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.