Freehand drawing lessons for the blackboard : a set of 24 graduated examples with analytical diagrams of the construction of each subject / by John Carroll, drawing master, Hammersmith Training College.
- London : Jarrold & Sons, 3, Paternoster Buildings, [between 1872 and 1893]
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio (24 sheets) : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .C37 1878+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Issued in a printed portfolio, with cloth ties. Instructions on "How to use the cards" are printed on the front cover, with a "List of the drawings" on the verso. Publishers' advertisements are printed on the back cover.
"The copy [i.e., each of the 24 examples] should be placed either above or at the side of the black board, so that all may see the subject of their lesson. The teacher will then shew them how best to begin, by copying on the board, on a large scale, the first diagram of the construction ..."--Text of "How to use the cards."
"Price six shillings."--Front cover.
Jarrold & Sons traded at this address from 1872-1893. See: Brown, P.A.H. London publishers and printers 1800-1870.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed boards and original ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Study and teaching.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Lithographs -- 1872-1893.
YCBA Collections Search
Carroll, John, -1915, Freehand drawing lessons for the blackboard , [between 1872 and 1893]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.