Romulus, the property of Mr. Richard Bell, of Argam, will serve mares this season, 1839 , 
- Romulus, the property of Mr. Richard Bell, of Argam, will serve mares this season, 1839 : blood mares at five guineas, the country mares at two guineas each, and half-a-crown the groom.
- Burlington : Printed at the Despatch Office, by W. Forth, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) : illustrations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF290.G7 R66 1839 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
"Romulus was got by Hazard, dam of Fitz-Teazle; grandam by Hyacinthus; great grandam by Overton; great great grandam Katherine, by Highflyer, out of Sincerity, by Machem, (the dam of Sir Peter.)"
"Romulus is a rich bay, stands 16 hands high, with great bone and fine symmetry, and free from all blemishes."
Wood engraving of a groom leading a horse at top of broadside before the text.
"The money to be paid at midsummer."
- Subject Terms:
- Forth, W. -- Printer.Horses -- Breeding -- Great Britain.
Wood engravings -- 1839.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.