T. & R. Annan and Sons, Portrait of Edward Atkinson Hornel, 1908?
- Portrait of Edward Atkinson Hornel.
- Glasgow : T. & R. Annan & Sons, 1908?
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : platinum print ; image 19.7 x 15.4 cm, in paper folder 37 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn ProcessAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title devised by cataloger. Imprint from printed label on front cover.
Mounted in a cardstock folder, which bears the autograph (in ink) of E.A. Hornel, alongside the blind stamp of T. & R. Annan & Sons. With a ghost image of the portrait (and signature) on the facing side of the folder.
In contemporary paper wrappers, the front cover of which bears a printed label: "T. & R. Annan & Sons, photographers & photoengravers, by special appointment to her late Majesty, Queen Victoria. 518 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow ..."
The portrait may be a specimen from: The Glasgow School of painters / by G. Baldwin Brown ; with 54 reproductions in photogravure by J. Craig Annan. Glasgow : James Maclehose and Sons, 1908.
- Subject Terms:
- Hornel, Edward Atkinson, 1864-1933 -- Portraits.Painters -- Scotland -- Portraits.
- Platinum prints -- 1908.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.