The natural history of Edward Lear (1812-1888) / Robert McCracken Peck ; with a foreword by David Attenborough.
- First edition.
- Jaffrey, New Hampshire : David R. Godine, Publisher, Inc., 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 223 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH31.L424 P43 2016+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of the authorView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original maroon quarter cloth and gray boards; with dust jacket. With a presentation inscription from the author.
Edward Lear, known as an author of nonsense verse, was also an artist and natural history illustrator.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain -- Biography.Lear, Edward, 1812-1888.Natural history illustration.Natural history illustrators -- Great Britain -- Biography.Peck, Robert McCracken -- Presentation inscription, October 2016.Poets, English -- 19th century -- Biography.
- Dust jackets.
YCBA Collections Search
Peck, Robert McCracken, 1952-, The natural history of Edward Lear (1812-1888) , 2016
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.