IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
W. Dawe & Son (London, England), Billhead recording purchases made by H. Rolfe in 1883 for the funeral of John Rolfe Esq., July 17, 1883, 1883
Billhead recording purchases made by H. Rolfe in 1883 for the funeral of John Rolfe Esq., July 17, 1883.
- Islington, 1883.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustrations ; 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD9999.U52 W33 1883 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "London, July 1883. Este. of John Rolfe Esq."
Billhead of W. Dawe & Son recording the purchase of items for the funeral of John Rolfe Esq. on July 17th, 1883 at Nunhead Cemetery. Purchases recorded are of a coffin, hearse and horse pairs, coaches, black hat bands, dues at cemetery, grave digger and 100 memorial cards totalling £34.15.0. Payment recorded on 01/10/84 received by W. Dawe.
"Bought of W. Dawe & Son, cabinet & bedding manufacturers, upholsterers & carpet warehousemen, 171, Upper Street. Islington, N."
"Established 1828. All goods charged at the lowest cash price. From which no discount can be allowed."
"Undertakers and appraisers. Valuations made for administrations."
Completed in pen and black ink.
Penny stamp with image of Queen Victoria affixed to receipt.
- Subject Terms:
- Death care industry -- England -- London.Mourning clothing & dress.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Rolfe, John, -1883.Undertakers and undertaking -- England -- London.W. Dawe & Son (London, England)
- Receipts (financial records)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.