Yours respectfully, William Berwick : paper conservation in the United States and western Europe, 1800-1935 / Christine A. Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
Paper conservation in the United States and western Europe, 1800-1935
- Ann Arbor, Michigan : The Legacy Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 664,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryZ701.3.P38 S55 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN 2018 +28: Dust jacket. Accompanied by silk crepeline sample.
"A piece of the silk crepeline that William Berwick used to conserve George Washington's Last Will and Testament ... is included in only 52 special copies" --card accompanying sample.
Includes bibliographical references (pages -607) and index.
"This book interweaves two related histories: the professional biography of William Berwick (1848-1920), who was the preeminent manuscript restorer in the United States during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, and an exploration of the world of paper conservation in the U.S. and Western Europe during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries."--Introduction, page 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Archival materials -- Conservation and restoration -- Europe -- History.Archival materials -- Conservation and restoration -- United States -- History.Berwick, William, 1848-1920.Manuscripts -- Conservation and restoration.Paper -- Preservation -- Europe -- History.Paper -- Preservation -- United States -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Christine (Paper conservator), Yours respectfully, William Berwick , 2016