Wells, David Dwight, 1868-1900, Her ladyship's elephant , MDCCCXCVIII 
Her ladyship's elephant / by David Dwight Wells.
- [London] : Published at 21 Bedford Street, London, by William Heinemann, MDCCCXCVIII 
London ; Edinburgh : Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 259,  pages ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS3158.W6154 H47 1898Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The design on the cover of this book was specially engraved by William Nicholson."--Page [ii].
Printer's statement from foot of page .
Campbell, C. William Nicholson : the graphic work, 46
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's illustrated gray cloth boards, stamped with the design of an elephant. Includes "A list of Mr. William Heinemann's publications and announcements" (March 1898), 32 pages at end -- not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Humorous stories, English.Manners and customs.
- Publisher's advertisements.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.