Holbein's Dance of Death : with an historical and literary introduction.
- Additional Title(s):
Dance of death
Dance of Death.
- London : John Russell Smith, 4, Old Compton Street, Soho Square, MDCCCXLIX 
London : Printed by C. and J. Adlard, Bartholomew Close
- Physical Description:
- iv, 146 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7720 .H65 1849Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes title and dedication of the "Simulachres De La Mort" from the first edition, printed at Lyons in 1538; and the title, index, and epigram of the "Icones Mortis" from the sixth edition, printed at Basle in 1554.
Printer's statement from verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three quarter calf over marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Etta Mary Arnold Clark.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, Etta Mary Arnold -- Bookplate.Dance of death in art.Dance of Death.Death in art.Wood-engraving, German.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
Woodcuts -- 1849.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.