Joseph Conrad : a letter to William Nicholson / introduction by G. Krishnamurti.
- London : Eighteen Nineties Society, MCMLXXXV 
- Physical Description:
-  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations, facsimiles ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6005.O4 Z5377 1985Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes a transcription of the letter and a reproduction of it (3 pages).
"... in an edition of 550 copies, 50 copies numbered A1-A50, 500 copies numbered 1-500."--Title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 117 of 550. In publisher's original blue-green cloth; with dust jacket.
"This unpublished letter [3 June 1898] from Joseph Conrad to William Nicholson is of particular interest in being the only evidence of contact between the great Polish-born novelist (1857-1924) and one of the most influential artists and poster-designers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries."--Introduction.
- Subject Terms:
- Conrad, Joseph, 1857-1924. Correspondence.Nicholson, William, 1872-1949 -- Correspondence.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1985.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.