The practical carver and gilder's guide, and picture frame makers companion : containing information on the various departments of the trade in gilding and re-gilding picture and looking glass frames, console tables, what-nots, &c. : interior and exterior gilding : silvering plate glass : the restoration of oil paintings, cleaning old engravings, &c. : with chapters on mitreing-up mouldings, mount cutting, mounting engravings, maps, photographs, etc. : French polishing, varnishing, and staining : and a number of useful receipts / by Charles H. Savory.
- Fifth edition.
- London : Kent & Co., 23, Paternoster Row ; Cirencester : C.H. Savory, St. John Street, [approximately 1877?]
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 18-205,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Publication date from Simon.
With an added wood-engraved title page.
Simon, J. Art of the picture frame
Includes publisher's and trade advertisements,  pages at end, signed continuously.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green printed paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Art objects -- Conservation and restoration -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Gilding -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Picture frames and framing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Wood egravings -- 1877
Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
Savory, Charles H., The practical carver and gilder's guide, and picture frame makers companion , [approximately 1877?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.