Schild, Marie, One thousand characters suitable for fancy costume balls , [approximately 1884]
One thousand characters suitable for fancy costume balls / described by Mme. Marie Schild.
- Second edition.
- London : Samuel Miller, 10, Southampton Street, Strand, W.C., ..., [approximately 1884]
London : Unwin Brothers, printers, 71A, Ludgate Hill, E.C.
- Physical Description:
- 141,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT510 .S35 1884+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contains full descriptions for each costume, the materials to use, and the quantities required.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original olive green cloth. Title stamped in gilt on front cover. Original paper wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Balls (Parties) -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Costume -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Miller, Samuel -- Publisher.
Wood engravings -- 1884.
Lithographs -- 1884.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1884.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.