IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Schild, Marie, One thousand characters suitable for fancy costume balls , [approximately 1884]
One thousand characters suitable for fancy costume balls / described by Mme. Marie Schild.
- Second edition.
- London : Samuel Miller, 10, Southampton Street, Strand, W.C., ..., [approximately 1884]
London : Unwin Brothers, printers, 71A, Ludgate Hill, E.C.
- Physical Description:
- 141,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT510 .S35 1884+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Contains full descriptions for each costume, the materials to use, and the quantities required.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original olive green cloth. Title stamped in gilt on front cover. Original paper wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Balls (Parties) -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Costume -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Miller, Samuel -- Publisher.
Wood engravings -- 1884.
Lithographs -- 1884.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1884.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.