The encyclopaedia of practical carpentry and joinery : comprising the choice, preservation, and strength of materials, explanations of the theory and practical details, a complete system of lines for the carpenter, joiner, & staircase builder, together with an account of the improvements effected in England and on the continent, and illustrations of the most remarkable executed works / edited by Edward Lance Tarbuck, architect ...
- Leipzig and Dresden : A.H. Payne ; London : J. Hagger, 67, Paternoster Row, [1859?]
Leipzig : Printed by J.F. Kloeber
- Physical Description:
- , 236, , xiv pages, , 127 plates in various foliations : illustrations, plans ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH5604 .E53 1859+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes frontipiece depicting early carpentry not included in the plate count.
With etchings by A.H. Payne; after Henry J. Collins and Edward Lance Tarbuck.
Printer's statement from foot of page xiv.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary tan half calf and tan cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpentry -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Hagger, J. -- Publisher.Joinery -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Kloeber, J. F. -- Printer.Stair building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Etchings -- 1859.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1859.
Wood engravings -- 1859.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.