IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Foster, Tony, 1946-, Thoreau's country , [1998?]
Thoreau's country : souvenirs from a series of walks and canoe journeys in New England, June-September 1984.
- [England] : [Tony Foster], [1998?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (12 panels) : color illustrations ; sheets end-to-end 12 x 140 cm, folded to 12 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F678 T46 1998Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Duncan and Lisa RobinsonView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Issued in a limited edition of 10 copies.
Accordion folded. Bound in boards bearing a map of the area around Maynard, Massachusetts. In two-part slipcase.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 10 of 10 (A/P). Inscribed in graphite: "For Duncan [Robinson] with grateful thanks, Tony Foster. This is where the journey starts ..."
Illustrations of flora and fauna, concisely captioned, presumably reproduced from a notebook kept by Foster. One panel reproduces a page of diary entries.
- Subject Terms:
- Foster, Tony, 1946- -- Presentation inscription to Duncan Robinson.Foster, Tony, 1946- -- Travel -- New England.Landscape changes -- New England.Natural history -- New England.New England -- Description and travel.Robinson, Duncan -- Presentation inscripton from David Foster.Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862 -- Homes and haunts -- New England.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.