You all know the words / Ken Campbell.
- [London] : [Ken Campbell], 2015.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : color illustrations ; 31 x 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 103Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This unexpected book, the first for seven years and grudgingly welcome in the winter of this creative life, is, in part, a reflection on '.. the Mandean demon Dinanukht, half man half book, (who) sits by the waters between the worlds reading himself "until the end of time"'. A succession of uncredited texts and quotations, many drawn from my past titles, or otherwise accrued during this book's making, are deployed as scribbled notes scanned and printed, and sometimes thereafter converted into tyographic imagery, fuelling a descent into an oracular womb and the gristled gloom of a faulted embryo. Openings of a one-off, hand-painted book made many a year hence are used both as background and foreground to the above, while graphically exploring, in oil and pencil on paper, a book of openings. These punkish, edgy, onanistic manoevres sit in happy discomfort within a monumental binding fit to make the very shelves groan. It is embossed with the legend: You all know the words."--Artist's statement, Brokenrules website, viewed May 11, 2016.
"Edition of 20, 17 for sale ... Polychrome digital printing on 220gsm Hahnemuhle Art Duo paper using Canon Lucia inks in a Pixma Pro 9500 Mark 11 printer. The book is bound as single leaves attached using the split guard system creating sewn sections. The boards are full leather bound in dyed, grained goatskin, with a blind embossed front cover."--Brokenrules website.
"Ken Campbell writes, designs and prints his books by letterpress."--Brokenrules website.
Issued in a brown linen-covered slipcase.
BAC: British Art Center is no. 3 of a limited edition of 17 copies, numbered and signed by the artist in graphite.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals, Mythical.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Campbell, Ken, 1939- Works.Mandaeans.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.