- Great Britain, early 20th century?
- Physical Description:
- 1 item ; 18 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 .T73 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The wooden frame is inscribed, in red ink: "For Berenice Wells."
The tracing aid consists of a simple wooden frame with opaque glass and a special "pencil" (45 mm long, 4 mm in diameter). Designs drawn on the glass with the pencil could be effaced, upon completion, to yield to the next exercise. The device is accompanied by six folded sheets bearing simple printed designs, presumably to serve as models for tracing.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing materials.Wells, Berenice -- Provenance.
- Drafting, drawing and writing equipment.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.