Royal Doulton Limited, Figurine of Ellen Terry as Lady Macbeth, 1996
Figurine of Ellen Terry as Lady Macbeth.
- England, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 1 figurine ; 23 cm high, 10 cm in diameter (at base)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCabinet R2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Royal Doulton. Hand made and hand decorated. Ellen Terry, HN3826. Issued in a limited edition of 5,000. This is no. [blank]. Modelled by Douglas V. Tootle. ©1996 Royal Doulton."--Bottom of figurine.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 241 of 5,000. With the sticker of Pascoe & Company (on bottom of figurine).
Figurine depicting Ellen Terry in the role of Lady Macbeth, from the play by William Shakespeare. Inspired by John Singer Sargent's Ellen Terry as Lady Macbeth, 1889 (Tate, N02053).
- Subject Terms:
- Sargent, John Singer, 1856-1925. Ellen Terry as Lady Macbeth.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Macbeth.Terry, Ellen, Dame, 1847-1928 -- Portraits.
- Ceramic (material)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.