[Morning] / T. Stothard, R.A. pinxt. ; F. Bartolozzi R.A. sculpt.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : stipple engraving and etching ; visible image 15 x 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 33Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View catalog record for the copper plate from which the image was printed.
- The print was originally made as an illustration for Milton's Paradise lost, London, John Jeffryes, 1792-1795? In the original publication, the print was captioned: "Morning. He on his side, Leaning half rais'd, with looks of cordial love, Hung over her enamour'd." See V&A, E.211-1941 (http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O727815).
The present image was printed in 2015 from the original copper plate. The original title and quotation have been effaced from the plate. The plate is also cataloged separately (see link provided herewith).
- Subject Terms:
- Adam (Biblical figure)Eve (Biblical figure)Milton, John, 1608-1674. Paradise lost -- Illustrations.
- Book illustrations.
Stipple engravings -- 1792.
Etchings -- 1792.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.