Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, Shakespeare's popular dramatic works , 
Shakespeare's popular dramatic works : in three volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Plays. Selections. 1811
- Newcastle upon Tyne : Printed and sold by J. Mitchell, 
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes ; 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2753 .M58 1810Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Composed of 12 plays, probably remainders published by Vernor & Hood. The title pages for Hamlet, Othello, and Macbeth are dated 1810. The remaining title pages are dated 1811.
Title from volume title pages.
Imprints on play title pages read: London: Published and sold by Vernor & Hood, Poulry ; and Champante and Whitrow, Aldgate. Newcastle-upon-Tyne : printed and sold for J. Mitchell : and sold by every respectable bookseller in Great Britain.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter calf and marbled boards. Inscrition: E. Heath, 1899.
- Subject Terms:
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Works. Selections. 1810.
- volume 1. Hamlet (1810) ; Othello (1810) ; Macbeth ; Romeo and Juliet
- volume 2. Merchant of Venice ; King Henry VIII ; King Richard III ; Merry wives of Windsor
- volume 3. Tempest ; Winter's tale ; Much ado about nothing ; As you like it.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.