IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, [The works of William Shakespeare], 
[The works of William Shakespeare]
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Allied Newspapers Ltd., 
Printed in Scotland : Andersons Edinburgh, Ltd.
- Physical Description:
- 40 volumes : illustrations ; 52 mm + 1 bookcase
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2754 .P75 2005 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- With a frontispiece illustration in each volume.
Fairman, E. Poet of them all, page 219
Bondy, L.W. Miniature books, page 123
Michael Garbett Antiquarian & Fine Books. Miniature and small Shakespeare sets, mostly in cases, 21
Selected exhibitions: "'The Poet of Them All': William Shakespeare and Miniature Designer Bindings from the Collection of Neale and Margaret Albert" (Yale Center for British Art, June 16-August 21, 2016).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound by Jana Přibíková, each volume in a different decorative binding. Bound in goatskin, and decorated using a variety of techniques and materials, including gold and silver tooling; snakeskin and onlays; and marbled paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Allied Newspapers Ltd. -- Publisher.Andersons Edinburgh, Ltd. -- Printer.
- Miniature books.
- v. 1. The tempest
- v. 2. The two gentlemen of Verona
- v. 3. The merry wives of Windsor
- v. 4. Measure for measure
- v. 5. The comedy of errors
- v. 6. Much ado about nothing
- v. 7. Love's labour's lost
- v. 8. A midsummer night's dream
- v. 9. The merchant of Venice
- v. 10. As you like it
- v. 11. The taming of the shrew
- v. 12. All's well that ends well
- v. 13. Twelfth night
- v. 14. The winter's tale
- v. 15. King John
- v. 16. King Richard II
- v. 17-18. King Henry IV
- v. 19. King Henry V
- v. 20-22. King Henry VI
- v. 23. King Richard III
- v. 24. King Henry VIII
- v. 25. Troilus and Cressida --v. 26. Coriolanus
- v. 27. Titus Andronicus
- v. 28. Romeo and Juliet
- v. 29. Timon of Athens
- v. 30. Julius Caesar
- v. 31. Macbeth
- v. 32. Hamlet.--v. 33. King Lear
- v. 34. Othello
- v. 35. Antony and Cleopatra
- v. 36. Cymbeline
- v. 37. Pericles
- v. 38. Venus and Adonis and Rape of Lucrece
- v. 39. Sonnets and poems
- v. 40. Biography and glossary.
“The Poet of Them All”: William Shakespeare and Miniature Designer Bindings from the Collection of Neale and Margaret Albert (Yale Center for British Art, June 16, 2016-August 21, 2016) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.