The Holy Bible : containing the Old and New Testaments : translated out of the original tongues ... by His Majesty's special command.
- Additional Title(s):
Spine title: Shakespeare Bible
Bible. English. Authorized. 1901
- Glasgow : David Bryce and Son ; London : Henry Frowde : Oxford University Press Warehouse, Amen Corner, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume : illustrations ; 45 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBS1985 1901 B79Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Appointed to be read in churches."
The license on the verso of the title page is dated 1901.
Bondy, L.W. Miniature books, page 110
Fairman, E. Poet of them all, page 206
Includes 12 pages of material concerning Shakespeare, bound between the Old and New Testaments, with notes by W.S. Brassington, F.S.A.
With magnifying glass in rear pocket.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blind-stamped brown leather. In wooden hinged box with illustration of Shakespeare's home on front cover and portrait of Shakespeare on back. Label inside box cover: Smallest Bible in the world, with Shakespeare's family records in facsimile from the Parish Register, Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Neale and Margaret -- Provenance.Miniature books -- Specimens.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
- Miniature books (Printing)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.