Gledhill, John, 1950-, Catalogue raisonné of the oil paintings of Matthew Smith , 2009
- Catalogue raisonné of the oil paintings of Matthew Smith : with a critical introduction to his work / John Gledhill.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Matthew Smith : catalogue raisonné of the oil paintings : with a critical introduction to his work
- Farnham, UK ; Lund Humphries, 2009.
Burlington, VT : Lund Humphries, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 280 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Sm65 G54 2009 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 278-279).
- Student years, 1905-10, and the Fauvist work, 1910-20 -- Smith's experience of war, and its effect on his Cornish landscapes of 1920 -- Towards maturity : the nude and figure paintings of the 1920s -- Creative profusion : flower paintings, landscapes, still lifes and portraits, 1930-55 -- Catalogue raisonné of the oil paintings -- A user's guide to the catalogue -- Appendix I : A note on Matthew Smith's technique -- Appendix II : Addendum of further works.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting, British -- 20th century.Painting, British.Smith, Matthew -- catalogue raisonné.Smith, Matthew, 1879-1959 -- Catalogues raisonnés.Smith, Matthew, 1879-1959 -- Criticism and interpretation.Smith, Matthew, 1879-1959.
- Catalogues raisonnés.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.