Great escapes / Barbara A. Bond.
- Additional Title(s):
Great escapes : the story of MI9's Second World War escape and evasion maps
At head of title: Times great escapes
- Glasgow, Scotland : Times Books, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 263 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color), portraits (some color), facsimiles ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryD810.S8 B635 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Contributor biographical information
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-254) and index.
MI9's secret escape and evasion mapping programme is one of World War II's most fascinating feats. Discover how maps printed on silk and rayon aided the escape of thousands of prisoners and evaders from occupied Europe. Delve into the extraordinary escape stories and find out how the maps were smuggled into prisoner of war camps inside everyday objects including board games -- Source other than Library of Congress.
- Subject Terms:
- Escapes -- Europe, Western -- History -- 20th century.Escapes.Europe, Western.Great Britain.Great Britain. MI9 -- Biography.Great Britain. MI9 -- History.Great Britain. MI9.Prisoner-of-war escapes.Prisoner-of-war escapes.Secret service.Underground movements, War.World War (1939-1945)World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- Great Britain.World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- Europe, Western.
YCBA Collections Search
Bond, Barbara A., Great escapes , 2015