IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Chasseaud, Peter, Mapping the Second World War , 2015
Mapping the Second World War / Peter Chasseaud.
- Additional Title(s):
Subtitle on cover: History of the War through maps from 1939 to 1945.
- First edition.
- Glasgow : Collins : Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers ; London : in association with Imperial War Museums, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 303 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations (some color), maps (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryG1038 .C43 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps on endpapers.
Includes bibliographical references (page 298) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Battlefields.Military campaigns.World War (1939-1945)World War, 1939-1945 -- Battlefields -- Maps.World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps.
- Chapter 1. 1918-1939: the Treaty of Versailles to the Invasion of Poland
- Chapter 2. 1940: the German Invasion of Norway, the Low Countries and France
- Chapter 3. 1940: the Battle of Britain and the German Invasion threat (Operation Sealion)
- Chapter 4. The Balkans and North Africa, 1940-3
- Chapter 5. Barbarossa: The German Invasion of Russia, 1941
- Chapter 6. The War in Asia and the Pacific, 1941-2: Pearl Harbor to Midway
- Chapter 7. Russia and the Eastern Front 1942-4: Stalingrad, Kursk and the relief of Leningrad
- Chapter 8. The War at Sea
- Chapter 9. The War in the Air: strategic bombing
- Chapter 10. Sicily and Italy
- Chapter 11. Planning for the Normandy Landings: Neptune and Overlord
- Chapter 12. D-Day to VE-Day
- Chapter 13. The Eastern Front and the Defeat of Germany 1944-5
- Chapter 14. Burma and the Pacific after Midway: 1942-5
- German military terms
- Glossary: list of abbreviations.