Chasseaud, Peter, Mapping the Second World War , 2015
- Mapping the Second World War / Peter Chasseaud.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Subtitle on cover: History of the War through maps from 1939 to 1945.
- First edition.
- Glasgow : Collins : Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers ; London : in association with Imperial War Museums, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 303 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations (some color), maps (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryG1038 .C43 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maps on endpapers.
Includes bibliographical references (page 298) and index.
- Chapter 1. 1918-1939: the Treaty of Versailles to the Invasion of Poland -- Chapter 2. 1940: the German Invasion of Norway, the Low Countries and France -- Chapter 3. 1940: the Battle of Britain and the German Invasion threat (Operation Sealion) -- Chapter 4. The Balkans and North Africa, 1940-3 -- Chapter 5. Barbarossa: The German Invasion of Russia, 1941 -- Chapter 6. The War in Asia and the Pacific, 1941-2: Pearl Harbor to Midway -- Chapter 7. Russia and the Eastern Front 1942-4: Stalingrad, Kursk and the relief of Leningrad -- Chapter 8. The War at Sea -- Chapter 9. The War in the Air: strategic bombing -- Chapter 10. Sicily and Italy -- Chapter 11. Planning for the Normandy Landings: Neptune and Overlord -- Chapter 12. D-Day to VE-Day -- Chapter 13. The Eastern Front and the Defeat of Germany 1944-5 -- Chapter 14. Burma and the Pacific after Midway: 1942-5 -- Afterword -- German military terms -- Glossary: list of abbreviations.
- Subject Terms:
- Battlefields.Military campaigns.World War (1939-1945)World War, 1939-1945 -- Battlefields -- Maps.World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps.