The beggar's opera / written by Mr. Gay ; to which is prefixed the musick to each song.
- Additional Title(s):
Beggar's opera. Libretto. English.
- Garden City ; New York : Doubleday, Page & Company, 1927.
Bungay, Suffolk : Richard Clay & Sons, Limited
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 93,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, music ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsML50.7 .B4 1927Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bert BoysonView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With an appreciation of Claud Lovat Fraser, pages vii-x, by John Drinkwater.
Libretto by John Gay; includes unaccompanied melodies by Pepusch.
With six color plates by Claude Lovat Fraser based upon a production at The Lyric Theater, Hammersmith.
Printer's statement from page .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's quarter black cloth and yellow boards, with printed labels. Autograph: John T. Quisenberry. 1928.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballad operas -- Librettos.Ballad operas -- Librettos.Quisenberry, John T. -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.