With every good wish.
- Coventry and London : T. Stevens, [ca. 1880]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 27 x 6 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 W52 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk. On white silk in red, purple, green, gold, black, and gray.
The words "Coventry and London" and "T. Stevens" are embroidered on the reverse.
Godden, G.A. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 800
Stevengraph bookmark featuring a portrait of Robert Burns and a scene from the poet's Tam o' Shanter, showing Tam on horseback, fleeing from a witch. Between the title (at top) and the portrait of Burns are four lines from Auld lang syne. The portrait of Burns is after the painting by Alexander Nasmyth.
- Subject Terms:
- Auld lang syne.Bookmarks -- Specimens.Burns, Robert, 1759-1796 -- Portraits.Burns, Robert, 1759-1796. Tam O'Shanter -- Illustrations.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.