Anderson, Gemma, Isomorphology , 2015
- Isomorphology / Gemma Anderson.
- [Penryn, Cornwall] : Atlantic Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.A53 I86 2015+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
"Among nature's endless array of forms, functions and designs a series or repeating patterns and similarities have emerged over the eons. Over countless hours spent drawing natural specimens, artist Gemma Anderson has developed an elegant approach to classification based on these forms and symmetries. Isomorphology, as she has termed it, bridges the divide between art and science -- offering a new way of looking at the natural world and the unconventional relationships between species. In this visual introduction, Anderson sets out her case with examples from the animal, vegetable and mineral kingdoms."-- Back cover.
".. second of a series of publications by artist Gemma Anderson, exploring the practice, principles and possibilities of 'isomorphology'."-- Page 2 of cover.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Morphology (Animals)Morphology.Natural history.Plant morphology.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.