Crystal Palace commemorative medal : The building at London, for the International Exhibition, 1851.
- Additional Title(s):
Inscription on obverse: Building at London, for the International Exhibition, 1851
- Birmingham : Allen & Moore, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 1 medal : white metal ; 45 mm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 .A4 1851a FlatYale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin FillerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BAC: British Art Center copy in contemporary two-part case, patterned white and gold paper over light board. The bottom is inscribed in black ink: J.S. Warner [?] & Sons, compliments to Washington Lane [?] Esq.
Coincraft. The world's show : Coincraft's catalogue of Crystal Palace medals and tokens, 1851-1936, HP-B115
Brown, L. Catalogue of British historical medals, 1760-1960, 2423
Taylor, J. Architectural medal, 165j
White-metal medal issued by Allen & Moore, commemorating the Crystal Palace and the Great Exhibition, 1851. The obverse depicts the Crystal Palace in Hyde Park, London; in exergue, heads of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, jugate to the right, in ornamented frame flanked by genii. The reverse lists the structure's dimensions and value. An inscription around the border of the reverse lists quantities of iron girders, columns, sash bars, and feet of glass.
- Subject Terms:
- Crystal Palace (Great Exhibition, 1851, London, England)Exhibitions -- England -- London.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England) -- Buildings.J.S. Warner & Sons -- Presentation inscription to Washington Lane.Lane, Washington -- Presentation inscription from J.S. Warner & Sons.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.