Allen & Moore (Firm), Crystal Palace commemorative medal , 1851
- Crystal Palace commemorative medal : The building at London, for the International Exhibition, 1851.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Inscription on obverse: Building at London, for the International Exhibition, 1851
- Birmingham : Allen & Moore, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 1 medal : white metal ; 45 mm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 .A4 1851a FlatYale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin FillerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- White-metal medal issued by Allen & Moore, commemorating the Crystal Palace and the Great Exhibition, 1851. The obverse depicts the Crystal Palace in Hyde Park, London; in exergue, heads of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, jugate to the right, in ornamented frame flanked by genii. The reverse lists the structure's dimensions and value. An inscription around the border of the reverse lists quantities of iron girders, columns, sash bars, and feet of glass.
BAC: British Art Center copy in contemporary two-part case, patterned white and gold paper over light board. The bottom is inscribed in black ink: J.S. Warner [?] & Sons, compliments to Washington Lane [?] Esq.
Coincraft. The world's show : Coincraft's catalogue of Crystal Palace medals and tokens, 1851-1936, HP-B115
Brown, L. Catalogue of British historical medals, 1760-1960, 2423
Taylor, J. Architectural medal, 165j
- Subject Terms:
- Crystal Palace (Great Exhibition, 1851, London, England)Exhibitions -- England -- London.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England) -- Buildings.J.S. Warner & Sons -- Presentation inscription to Washington Lane.Lane, Washington -- Presentation inscription from J.S. Warner & Sons.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.