The crafte of lymmyng and the maner of steynyng : middle English recipes for painters, stainers, scribes, and illuminators / edited by Mark Clarke.
- Additional Title(s):
Middle English recipes for painters, stainers, scribes, and illuminators
- First edition.
- Oxford : Published for the Early English Text Society by the Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- cxvii, 454 pages : 1 plate of facsimiles ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1510 .C73 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- View catalog record for the YCBA manuscript, The crafte of lymnynge of bokys
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Includes a detailed description of the Crafte of lymnynge of bokys within a composite manuscript at the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts, R486 .M43 1450). See link provided herewith.
- Subject Terms:
- Anleitung.Ink -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- History -- Sources.Mittelenglisch.Paint -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- History -- Sources.Pigments -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- History -- Sources.Quelle.Technik.Writing materials and instruments -- History -- Sources.
YCBA Collections Search
The crafte of lymmyng and the maner of steynyng , 2016