Albro, Sylvia Rodgers, Fabriano , 2016
- Fabriano : city of Medieval and Renaissance papermaking / Sylvia Rodgers Albro.
- First edition.
- New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Press ; Washington, D.C. : The Library of Congress, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 229 pages : illustrations (some color), maps ; 24 x 24 cm
- Reference LibraryTS1093.I8 A43 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-213) and index.
"Explores how the Arab art of papermaking by hand came to the Italian peninsula in the thirteenth century and why [the city of] Fabriano, [Italy] was well-positioned to develop as the heart of this artisan craft. Details technical advancements introduced by Fabriano are described, including machinery and equipment, the use of watermarks, and improvements in the physical processes of papermaking"--Book jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- Fabriano (Italy) -- History.Italy -- Fabriano.Papermaking -- Italy -- Fabriano.Papermaking.