Fox, Edward, 1823-1899, Souvenir of Brighton, [1860s?]
- Souvenir of Brighton.
- London : A.N. Myers & Co., proprietors, publishers, 15, Berners Street, Oxford Street, [1860s?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( panels) : photolithographs ; 5 x 66 cm, folded to 5 x 5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B78 S68 1860 FlatAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Sixteen circular photolithographic views, accordion folded. With one text panel at each end.
"From Ph. Frey & Cos., Art Repository, Frankfort O.M. Views taken from nature by Edward Fox, landscape photographer, 44, Market Street, Brighton."--Text panel at front.
Imprint from text panel at back.
Folded into medallion-shaped container, covered in embossed gold paper.
BAC: British Art Center copy in contemporary decorative paper box with title on box top. Printed label, on box bottom: From Taylor's Fancy Repository, 27, King's Road, Brighton.
- Royal York Hotel -- Royal Albion Hotel -- Norfolk Hotel -- St. Michael's and All Angels -- Bedford Hotel -- The Dome Assembly Room -- Royal Pavillion (5 views) -- Grand Hotel -- Chain Pier -- West Pier (2 views).
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- Brighton -- Pictorial works.Brighton (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.Brighton (England) -- Pictorial works.Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- England -- Brighton.
- Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.