Twelve crochet edgings, with illustrative engravings , 1848
- Twelve crochet edgings, with illustrative engravings / edited by G. Curling Hope, author of "The Art of Crochet," "My Working Friend," Etc.
- Ramsgate : I. Hope, 58 Queen Street; London : Simpkin, Marshall & Co. : Darton and Co. : Ackermann and Co., 1848.
- Physical Description:
- 25,  pages, , ( folded leaf of plates : color illustrations ; 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT820 .T84 1848 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Claringbull.
"On May 1st, 1848, was published, No. 1, to be continued on the 1st and 15th of every month, the Ladies Needlework Penny Magazine."
Publisher's advertisements,  pages at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Crocheting -- Patterns.Crocheting.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hope, I. -- Publisher.Needlework -- Patterns.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1848.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.