IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Twelve crochet edgings, with illustrative engravings , 1848
Twelve crochet edgings, with illustrative engravings / edited by G. Curling Hope, author of "The Art of Crochet," "My Working Friend," Etc.
- Ramsgate : I. Hope, 58 Queen Street; London : Simpkin, Marshall & Co. : Darton and Co. : Ackermann and Co., 1848.
- Physical Description:
- 25,  pages, , ( folded leaf of plates : color illustrations ; 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT820 .T84 1848 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations by Claringbull.
"On May 1st, 1848, was published, No. 1, to be continued on the 1st and 15th of every month, the Ladies Needlework Penny Magazine."
Publisher's advertisements,  pages at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Crocheting -- Patterns.Crocheting.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hope, I. -- Publisher.Needlework -- Patterns.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1848.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.