Optimix Pix viewer.
- United States : Alfred Young, 2016 or 2017.
Made in USA : PowisVR
- Physical Description:
- 1 virtual reality viewer : cardboard, plastic ; 10 x 16 x 10 cm (assembled)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC373.V5 O7 2016 FlatYale Center for British Art, Gift of Alfred YoungAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Requires compatible Apple or Android smartphone.
"The App. The art world is undergoing major changes. On the one hand are the billionaires who push the prices of desirable works into the stratosphere - putting enormous financial strains on museums which can only be met by passing them along to the public, and on the other hand new technology which allows artists to communicate directly with viewers for just a couple of bucks, bypassing dealers, collectors, curators, critics. This app, offered free, is the beginning of this new wave."--Artist's website.
"The Optimix Album is a free, 3D art collection of 40 images to be viewed using a Google Cardboard headset. Optimix refers to the process of sending different information to each eye to be mixed together by the brain."--Description of the Optimix Pix mobile app, from the iTunes store.
3D virtual reality viewer, to be used with Optimix Pix 1 or Optimix Pix 2, mobile apps featuring artwork by Alfred Young. With illustrated instructions for assembly. Principally cardboard construction; includes two plastic lenses.
- Subject Terms:
- Computer input-output equipment -- Specimens.Optical instruments -- Specimens.Virtual reality.
- Optical instruments.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.