[Metallic cut paper greeting card].
- [England], [approximately 1880]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded card : color illustrations ; 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT872 .M48 1880 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- 19th century greeting card. Glazed white paper back. Silver scallop edge cut paper front attached at folded Affixed to front cover is a border of three-dimensional leaves in gold and green with pink coral which surrounds three-dimensional butterfly, a fabric green bird and 2 roses. Signed inside: Anne Wheaton.
Verse affixed to front cover: "Reflected on the glossy stream. Oh with what loveliness you beam. Such charms as thine when once possest. Each angry passion lull to rest."
- Subject Terms:
- Cut-out craft -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Greeting cards -- Specimens.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Wheaton, Anne -- Autograph.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.