Dusk : British moths / by Tracey Bush.
- [Winchester, England] : Produced at the Publisher Hub, Winchester School of Art, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (1 folded sheet ( panels)) : illustrations ; 14 x 160 cm, folded to 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B87 D87 2016Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Issued in a limited edition of 20 copies.
Accompanied by two additional risograph prints (signed by the artist), reproducing wreaths included in the volume. The prints, however, are uncut.
Title and imprint from colophon.
Recipient of the The Society of Bookbinders, J. Hewit and Sons Award for Excellence in Design, 2017.
BAC: British Art Center copy is numbers 2 of 20, signed by the artist. The two additional prints are also numbered "2."
"Through seven hand cut wreaths are glimpsed some of the large British Moths printed from original drawings by Tracey Bush. Sewn together in a double concertina 160cm long. The specimen drawings are adapted from 'Moths of the British Isles' by Bernard Skinner. Bound in black Lokta screen-printed boards depicting a collection of Peppered Moths drawn at Chilcomb House, Hampshire. Black velvet ribbon ties. Duotone risograph prints on Hahnemuhle paper, printed at the Publisher Hub, WSA."--Artist's website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Chilcomb House (Winchester, England)Moths -- Great Britain.Moths in art.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Photomechanical prints -- 2016.
Screen prints -- 2016.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.