Davidson, Bruce, 1933-, Seeing ourselves as an American sees us , [April 12, 1961]
Seeing ourselves as an American sees us : a picture essay / by Bruce Davidson.
- [London] : [Stephens Press Ltd.], [April 12, 1961]
- Physical Description:
- pages 106-127 : chiefly illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTR654.D36 S4 1961+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Reference LibraryV 2412Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Typed letter signed, from Bruce Davidson to Henry Hacker, March 29, 2003, removed to artists' letters collection. The letter includes a brief mention of Davidson's work on the present picture essay.
"... When [Davidson] came to England last autumn it was with no preconceived picture of the country or the people, but with tremendous curiosity and a trained observer's eye. For three months he travelled round Britain from Scotland to Brighton, from London to Yorkshire. He was in London for a state visit, in Ambleside for a church bazaar, In Inverary for a wedding ... In this unique portfolio, Bruce Davidson has looked for the first time at this country, has captured his first impressions of Britain ..."--Page 107.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.Photography, Artistic.Photojournalism -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.